The role of diet on multiple sclerosis is the subject of a free webinar on Thursday with IHMRI dietitian and nutrition expert Associate Professor Yasmine Probst who will share her research into the role of food and lifestyle on MS.
Living with MS and recently working with MS Research Australia to launch new lifestyle guidelines for those with the condition Prof Probst is aware of how researchers have identified nine modifiable daily habits that could create better outcomes for people living with the disease.
"Following the nutritional guidelines set out for the general population by the Australian Dietary Guidelines and consuming a balanced diet with the necessary food groups must be the priority," she said.
IHMRI community engagement coordinator Kate Brett said the free online talks mean the Illawarra community has more access to expert discussions.
"Since COVID-19 has disrupted our face-to-face events for the year, we have found online webinars to be very popular. People who wouldn't usually be able to get down to IHMRI for a public lecture are able to hear about our world-class research from their own home."
- Therapy dog, just what the doctor ordered at psychology clinic
- Community celebrate young life with events reflecting on how rainbow girl Chloe brightened the world
- Qantas marks 100th birthday with flyover celebrations in Shellharbour and Sydney
- Beach safety smart signs warn of danger in the surf this summer
- McDonald's looking to hire 160 new Illawarra workers before end of year