Luke Rollinson was the highest individual fundraiser and MMJ Real Estate ranked number one from all the teams riding in the Endure For A Cure at Sydney Motor Sport Park on Friday.
The six hour cycle ride raises much needed funds and awareness for the Children's Cancer Institute (CCI) and Mr Rollinson said it was great to see how Wollongong and the Illawarra came together to support children with cancer and their families.
All funds raised will directly support CCI research to save the lives of all children with cancer and eliminate the suffering they endure during treatment and beyond.
"It was a tough day on the track, with a modest headwind, but overall the conditions and temperatures were good to ride," Mr Rollinson said.
"Overall our team completed 301 laps of the GP circuit, equating to a total of 1,182km on the bike. And managed to raise $28,470 in donations. I can't thank my team-mates enough for their efforts both on and off the track."
"In terms of donations, the community support received has been overwhelming. I managed to raise a total of $20,670 in donations, and was awarded the highest individual fundraiser award for the event. My family and I are just humbled."
Luke Rollinson and Team MMJ awards:
- 1st Place: Highest Individual Fundraiser: Luke Rollinson
- 3rd Place: Highest Team Fundraiser: MMJ Real Estate #kickingcancersbutt
- 1st Place: Most Laps Female: Jo Clarke
- 3rd Place: Most Laps Female: Catriona Croghan
- 1st Place: Most Laps Male: Josh Bignell
- 1st Place: Quickest Lap Female: Jo Clarke
- 3rd Place: Quickest Lap Female: Catriona Croghan
- Dream wedding celebration back on the cards after COVID-19 restrictions ease further
- All the winners and photos from the 2020 IMB Bank Illawarra Business Awards
- New tours along The Blue Mile recall some fascinating Wollongong history
- Meet the man who changes light bulbs 70 metres above Australia's Parliament House
- Angie drove herself to hospital with a bad feeling. She didn't leave for seven weeks
We depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.
Be the first to get breaking Illawarra news by subscribing to our newsletters below ...