No wait needed on stood down Jack de Belin

Jack De Belin at Dragons training last week. Picture: Adam McLean
Jack De Belin at Dragons training last week. Picture: Adam McLean

DRAGONS coach Paul McGregor won't hesitate to select Jack de Belin to make an NRL return should his star forward's court challenge of the game's new "no-fault standown" policy be successful.

De Belin became the first player stood down under the policy prior to round one, with ARLC's new policy determining that he cannot play whilst facing charges of aggravated sexual assault.

De Belin has vehemently maintained his innocence in relation to the charges with court action against the game set to begin on Monday. It's unlikely to see a swift resolution but McGregor says de Belin will make a quick return if successful.

"I hope he does win [his case]. Other than that I don't much more than you guys [the media]," he said.

"Will I pick Jack, if he's mentally and physically right, absolutely."

Asked if de Belin was ready McGregor said: "If we a play a possibles and probables at training and first plays reserve grade, then yes he's ready."