The Rotary Club of Wollongong is proud to present, again, the third Easter Family Fun Day program on Easter Saturday, April 20, at Wollongong Botanic Garden.
Entry is free and open to all. It is anticipated that this year's event will exceed 3000-plus.
This is an ideal opportunity for families to bring their children to join in the fun of the day which will run from 9am to 12pm.
During this time, all will be supported by the garden staff, Friends of the Garden and volunteers.
This year's program is quite diverse with the Easter Eggsploration being conducted throughout the garden which will give families an opportunity to explore the wider beauty of the Garden. This activity will be supported with a number of classic fun family games such as egg and spoon races, sack races and live lunchtime music. Up to 35,000 Easter Eggs will be up for grabs for those who participate in the activities.
The Friends of the Garden will be offering free guided tours throughout the day on their electronic buggy.
The Rotary Club of Wollongong will be providing the usual barbecue - sausage sizzle, egg and bacon rolls, hot cross buns, soft drinks and water.
Tea, coffee and ice-creams will also be provided by the Garden's new on-site coffee van, Garden Grounds.
This free community event is possible through the generous support of our many local sponsors including the Friends of the Garden, Illawarra Mercury, i98, BlueScopem, WIN Community Foundation, Peoplecare and Big Fat Smile.
All are invited to this free event. For further information and details about the range of activities, etc, visit the website wollongong.nsw.gov.au/botanicgarden or follow them on Facebook.
Fun Day Program
- Easter Eggsploration: 9am to 12pm. Eggsplore the garden and complete the activities to score some delicious Easter eggs.
- Family Games & Kids Activities 10am to 12pm. 10am to 11am: Sack Races. 11.30am to 12pm: Egg and Spoon Races.
- Chickens are Magicians Presentations 10am to 10.30am & 11am to 11.30am. Keeping chickens as pets can be fun and very rewarding. Come along to our Easter presentation at the Garden to learn all about these wonderful creatures including what they love to eat and their housing needs. We'll even have some interesting eggs on display.
- Guided Buggy Tours 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 12pm, 12.45pm, 1.30pm. Enjoy a fascinating 45-minute tour of the garden in our electronic buggy that will showcase the Garden's 18 collections and discuss the site history.
- Lunchtime Band 11am to 1pm.