Prince Philip has been given the all-clear after undergoing a precautionary hospital check-up following his car crash.
The 97-year-old has been told he has "no injuries of concern" after visiting a local hospital on doctor's advice on Friday, a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said.
He was at the wheel when his vehicle collided with a car on a road close to the royals' Sandringham private residence in Norfolk on Thursday afternoon.
The collision left two people needing hospital treatment and is being investigated by Norfolk Constabulary.
"On doctor's advice, the Duke of Edinburgh visited the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn this morning for a precautionary check-up," the Palace spokeswoman said.
"This confirmed His Royal Highness had no injuries of concern. The duke has returned to Sandringham."
The Palace spokeswoman added that contact had been made privately with the other car's occupants and "well-wishes exchanged".
Philip was unhurt, although shaken.
The other driver, a 28-year-old woman, suffered cuts to her knee and a 45-year-old woman passenger in the car, which also had a nine-month-old baby on board, sustained a broken wrist.
They were taken to hospital but later released.
"It was an astonishing escape for everyone," said Roy Warne, 75, who pulled the prince from the wreckage.
"People could have been killed. The impact must have been enormous," Warne, who was driving home with his wife when he saw the collision, told TV reporters.
"He's a very brave man. He didn't make a big fuss about it and he went to ask everyone else if they were injured."
Witnesses told media the accident had occurred when Philip was pulling out of a driveway onto a main road, with pictures from the scene showing Philip's Land Rover overturned on the side of the road.
Police said both drivers involved in the accident had been breath tested but neither were over the alcohol limit.
Philip retired from public life in 2017, although he still occasionally appears alongside his 92-year-old wife Queen Elizabeth at official engagements.
Although he missed the traditional church service on Christmas Day last month, the former naval officer is said to be in good health and had a successful hip replacement surgery last year.
Royal commentators said Philip, who married Elizabeth in 1947 and has been by her side throughout her record-breaking 66-year reign, would be loathe to give up being behind the wheel of a car.
There is no legal age in Britain to stop driving, but after 70 people must renew their licence every three years.
He drove Barack and Michelle Obama to lunch at Windsor Castle during their state visit to Britain in 2016, prompting the former US president to remark: "I have to say I have never been driven by a Duke of Edinburgh before, but I can report it was very smooth riding".
Australian Associated Press